The might of E3 2018

The might of E3 2018




Hey Guys,

With another great year ahead of us, that also means we are also expecting the greatest Video-Game conference to commence onto us shortly.

After viewing my favoured companies, I can certainly say that we are in for a great treat, but with this it also unveils a great advantage to see what games are still keeping us engaged, such as Bethesda with its current 25 year reign on the market, beginning with Morrowind all those years ago (which I must admit I still have a serious love for the game and its construction kit, which was probably my first experience with Game Development, so thank you Bethesda for starting me on my track and delivering us memorable games).

Although I must also admit, that due to advancements with rendering, engines, motion capture and cinematography found in a lot of newer titles which look absolutely astounding, visually, in addition to help turning the art of playing a game almost like a real world experience, I still prefer to go back to my older and safer titles as it is much easier to get back into my original flow.


An example of my comment:


With PlayStation still on the reigns of delivering us a newer version of Final Fantasy 7, adding in all new models of the characters and environments, with a new free-flow combat system, I am still sceptical to see if it still holds true to the original game, or will it enrich my older memories and bring them into a newer version - similar to recompiling a project to its newest version.

From a young age, I did have a serious obsession with the Final Fantasy series - more importantly 7, 8 & 9, to which I averaged around 200 played hours on each with the attempt to find every nook and cranny for all the collectables. Not because there was an achievement attached to it - until they put them on the PlayStation Marketplace, but because most of the time the hardest objects to find always had great potential for gameplay.




Be it from acquiring Knights of the Round in Final Fantasy 7, a great task in itself, which required you to have a Gold Chocobo in order to access it, which again is another great task to breed it, but by doing so you will always win at the Golden Saucer races and the ability to get anywhere on the map above water.

But for the original to be engaging, it didn't require all the additional information on screen visually, but just directing enough in the form of subtitles and optional quests scattered throughout the world, in addition to progressive stats, item drops and difficulty. 

Comments