More "distractions"

More "distractions"




Hey guys,

So with E3 finishing today, it was also announced from Bethesda, that Fallout Shelter is now available on the PS4, which is certainly a great addition to my library, due to my current 3 year commitment to the game on my phone. Although with this great addition, I was curious on the achievements that came along with this newest version, and to my surprise there were some similarities with the app version, but a few that have also been culled from the others. 

One of which I can probably verify why they have removed it due to my experience with is thus far, this being the achievement of acquiring 20 legendary dwellers: which from actually hacking the application version, it was only possible for me to acquire these dwellers from lunchboxes, which can only be claimed either by purchase or luckily getting a quest or objective that rewards the user with one.

But I am pleasantly surprised with the addition of new but easy enough achievements to attain, such as complete 100 quests or gaining 4 themes, as they are easy enough to claim with basic progression. 

In addition to Fallout Shelter, we were also given a free pass to download Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, and considering I am planning to progress quite heavily in a FPS, I did actually need one in my library, although this doesn't mean I'm a newcomer to the series.

With already having some experience with the level design, as they are rebooted maps from previous versions, navigation through this one was just as easy. Although the main advantage in this version is the ability to traverse walls, gaps and have boosted abilities that serve as great potential in any map. I did also take in some design elements that I could potentially transfer into my own project, such as the dynamic hit marker when shooting with guns and the possible need to reconfigure my current character to have FPP arms due to many of the Call of Duty games that I have played, always having constant player arms on screen to show the user where their facing (a possible rewrite of my previous weapon system maybe applied here, as they both already share similar qualities).


Comments