Tutorials?

Tutorials?


Hey Guys,

So this time I am here to talk about the implication and importance of tutorials, for some, like myself, would probably rather skip the tutorial in order to get a feel for the game-play ourselves, granted I have done this with IKEA furniture in the past, with moderate success so perhaps my attitude towards tutorials is more widespread.

I do plan to use my current mini projects, to see whether everyone can successfully follow the tutorial instructions that I have presented them, but with a possible idea of adding in a few work it out situations so that the player can get some gratification of figuring out the game, after all a game is reflective of the experience of the player.

From my last project video I have added in a few small artistic elements in order for the player to relate to their environment for information, not just their HUD. Currently these would include signal lights generated on the doors in order to show if active or not, which are also spawned dynamically based on the amount of switches needed and overriding doors to open after the camera switching has finished panning to the appropriately active door.




With the desire to add more gameplay, I decided to work on ways to show the player how their actions have a knock on effect with the world.

With the hope that this gives a much more enriching experience as it shows the player and the world are both working in unison, unlike my initial control project where you have to sometimes guess your actions in order to lead a direct decision.

Comments