Mechanic Duplicate Version 1

Mechanic Duplicate Version 1


Hey guys,

With my recent efforts to try and replicate a current game mechanic being a little bit on the lax side, I decided to craft a simpler version of a portal/teleport, a great device to travel players and objects to otherwise inaccessible areas, of which I came to somewhat an astounding success.



Although unlike my initial outlet of copying the one used in Portal (seen above) I am still fairly happy with the results, as the player can now traverse the world in a way they can understand. Additionally, I plan to adapt this mechanci which will show you the location in which the portal traverses, but currently it just has a short delay in order to reset so it doesn't constantly cast the player back and forth.



Alongside this, I have taken a baby step into figuring out how to return the player to a level select hub which I plan to use to create increasingly difficult levels, somewhat similar to the little rocket in little big planet, although I plan to add in a few collectable extras hidden within the hub if the player manages to get that far.

Comments