Time for a change!!

Time for a change!!


Hey Guys,

A little different post this time guys, after tinkering with this switch mechanic, I had a brief thought of adding in the aspect of time, in the form of timers. This is something that I haven't really used much in the past, primarily due to not tweaking and figuring out all the unique functions that Unreal Engine had for this form of blueprint script.

So along with a few adaptations from my simple level, these being a few minor level design alterations,I am hoping that my video showcase will show you my current efforts with timers, I do believe there are a few tweaks that need to be rectified in order for the game not to get errors, and ultimately affect performance, another small thing I am consistently checking, due to knowing the negative side of seeing lag in games, which I would consider drastically worse if on a standalone machine.



With this current work in progress mechanic, you can see that I have added in timer delays to the switches, which does, in fact, increase the difficulty of this small room significantly, as you can see from my playthrough.


Yet, it does make it, in turn, a little bit more fun, as I have that random element of time working against me and my goal.

Comments