Creation Guideline

Creation Guideline


With past few months doing research on how users could interpret engaging gameplay behind me, it was then brought upon me that I should start creating and planning a simple guideline that could ultimately, become the formula that I am trying to find when it comes to creating positive engagement when working with games.

But, it is all well and good to recite and reflect on my current progress, to see where I am lacking, in order to create a personal guideline so that I can hone in on the more suitable avenues which co-inside with my chosen carer path.

A couple of questions that I would like to highlight for whenever I begin to create a new product/project are:

  • Does reward create and engaging platform?
  • Is the mechanic, both a hindrance and a reward?
  • How can the product be leading? (without being obvious!!)
  • Does the challenge beget a just reward?
  • Is the mechanic, recyclable in anyway? (Repeatable / Editable?)
  • Should it be an option to save and try later? (Similar to most games created after the 2000s, where auto save became a feature, or do we give the option to better their attempt at a later stage)





Comments