A hurdle passed!!

A hurdle passed!!



With some critical reflective writing due in on the 15th, I am now currently a little more relieved knowing that I have practically finished my writing assignment, after a bit of assessment and clipping. 

Anyway, alongisde this hurdle, I can safely admit it has been abit of a slow process with my practical side of my design research, but I have attempted to make some progress on it, after previously making the portal to teleport my player across the map, I also ecided upon adding in some extra design elements, primarily to stop the user from cheating areas (a common flaw found from my qualitative research). These were just additional paths and walls in order to seperate sections of the map in order to keep the visual appearance interesting, but it also inhibits the player from instantly seeing their progress, making the game more of an experience due to the user needing to remember where certain critical elements lie within the world.


Although after a few other minor tests, people responded with a little disdain due to how linear the level was structured, possibly showing that I need to go back to my drawing board in order to create a much more dynamic setup to give that sense of allure and wonder, that I think are needed in order to create the game an experience rather than a grind.

So from my last video I have again, adapted the scene to be a little more dynamic vertically, by hiding certain sections to which the player has to meet certain criteria (turning on particular switches) in order to progress through the level correctly. Now I can consider this a little bit monotonous, but by showing the evolution of the players choices on the world dynamically, it seems to be more responsive to the latter versions, possibly due to the incremental evolution of the level, which in turn could be considered as the same learning curve of the player.


I was also presented with the idea of adding in a sense of failure, by adding in a multiple choice action (simply one by having two doors to chose from, but with one leading to nowhere in contrast to the other door, another possible idea could be to add in traps that make the player restart the level, making them having to repeat their actions in order learn the correct path.

Comments